Total Pageviews

Wednesday 2 May 2012

Double dose of goodness

2nd May 2012. The last paper is over, and this marks the beginning of summer and the launch of my new blog. Without going into details of my summer plans, I shall instead focus on the purpose of this post which will highlight the drivers behind the launch of this blog and what this blog aims to achieve.

One year ago in May, I embarked on my journey and ventured into the world of securities and the unknown. It started with a clear goal to get rich but that goal has slowly evolved into a passion of analyzing securities and testing my analysis against the market. It definitely has not been a smooth journey, filled with many ups and downs. Mistakes made along the way have resulted in the loss of a significant portion of my initial capital. For example, I lost $2k from trading structured warrants in an attempt to get rich fast. I also made the mistake of chasing after 'bad money' which eventually cost me around $2k of losses when I finally divested the counter. However, as cliche as it may sound, every mistake made is a step forward. I still have much room for improvement, but my skills have improved and my investor psyche has been further refined over this period.

Throughout this period, there is always this yearning to share and discuss my understanding of the market and companies with other like-minded people. I have met a few people who vary in their beliefs of how market function and the strategies that should be employed. However, more often than not, most people my age have the taboo that investing in the market is akin to gambling, or it is too risky. No doubt, I agree that the market is indeed full of risks, but with hard work in reading and researching, the risks can be minimized. Therefore, this part of my journey gives rise to the purpose that this blog seeks to achieve.

1) To track my journey in this world fraught with challenges and uncertainty
2) To serve as a platform for other passionate people to share and discuss their views on investing
3) To provide guidance for others who are interested in investing, where they can learn from my mistakes and learn from the discussions.


My next post would cover an introduction to my portfolio. I will also reflect on the mistakes which I have made.

No comments:

Post a Comment